Friday, September 20, 2013

Message: Failed to read from file for informatica Joiner

When you use a sorted joiner, be sure to assign enough data cache size. A joiner with sorted input doesn't act as a normal join, concerning data cache size. A normal joiner writes on disk if u do not assign enough cache size.

I found the above solution in the below thread link. I did see this was for Informatica 7.xx, and may not apply any more with the auto cache calculation feature now a standard since Version 8.

When I encountered this error, I also had my detail table partitioned. I was not able to solve the problem as above, so I had removed the partitioning as it was not offering me a big difference. I think this might have been the cause of the issue, as I realised one partition had started to write records to target while the second partition had not. I think maybe there was some cache file naming issue in my case, and not the cache size as in the case above.

[source: http://datawarehouse.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/informatica-l/informatica-router-output-rows-problem-2251811]

No comments:

Post a Comment